Did you know we have a Nerve in our body called “Vagus”? Well, we do! And it is one of the main parts of the parasympathetic nervous system which looks after major functions in our marvelous body.
The latin word “vagus” means to wander. But this nerve is the complete opposite of walking aimlessly and let me share with you some miraculous insights I found in Dr Navaz Habib’s book.
As this nerve ventures through most of our body, it has a huge effect on so many of our organs and systems in the body:
- Brain: helps control anxiety and mood
- Gut: increases gut motility
- Heart: it controls heart rate and blood pressure.
- Pancreas: it controls blood sugar balance and digestive enzymes.
- Liver: it controls bile production and detoxification
- Kidneys, it promotes general function
- Bladder it controls voiding of urine.
- Sex organs it helps to control fertility and sexual pleasure including orgasms.
- Mouth & Tongue: it helps to control ability to taste and saliva production
- Eyes: it activates tear production
Stimulating this wanderer can help us with mental health, poor circulation, leaky gut syndrome, memory disorders, headaches, autoimmune conditions to name just a few.
Here are 5 ways in which you can jump start your vagus nerve today:
🎶 CHANT AWAY Sing, hum, mantra chant your favourite tunes because while you’re having the performance of a lifetime (in the shower or in the car is fine!) the muscles at the back of your throat are doing all the magic work for you.
🤸🏻♂️YOGA Yoga is a parasympathetic trigger discipline that improves digestion, blood flow, lung capacity as well as improving our general mental well being.
🧘🏾♂️ MEDITATION Ommmmmmm. Yeap, thats all it takes-just by chanting “OM” you’re waking up the vagus nerve.
😄 LAUGH OUT LOUD the saying goes “A day without lauther is a day wasted” and I firmly believe it is so true! It is no only good for the soul but for improving cognitive function too
🌱 FAST IT AWAY We all know of the many benefits of interminent fasting, well here is just another one to keep adding to the list
I hope you are as motivated as I am to learn more about the miracles that happen inside of us. I invite you to embrace these habits into your daily routine and you will start to experience the world in a soft, calm and joyful way.
If you want a free Activate The Wanderer Check List by Flowy just email me!
#yogeningles #vagusnerve #meditation #mindfulness